"I'll lend you my whistle if you've got a dollar." - Phred
Phred Whistler isn't the most motivated individual in society. Since early school life, he never tries anything. Well, at least, he tries to do as little as he could. He eventually changed his mind in the end of Riddle School 5 and believed that he can do something that can perhaps benefit the world.
| Phred Whistler|
|Riddle School 2|
|Riddle School 3|
|Riddle School 5|
|Favorite Thing||Not doing something|
|Least Favorite Thing||Doing something|
|Appearances||All except for Riddle School 4.|
Phred is Phil's best friend. Until Riddle School 5, what he enjoyed more than anything else was doing as little as he could. His outlook on his life changed at the end of Riddle School 5, and he realized one person really can make a difference.
Phred's design is more or less a recolor of Phil's, as was Zack's at the beginning of the series.
It is revealed that his last name is Whistler in Riddle Transfer, and he is given the title "Helping Hand". He is given the last name Whistler because in RS2 he sold Phil his overpowered whistle for just a dollar. He died in RS4 by drowning face-first into a vat of paint.
He also died the same way as Phil did in RS5 (in Phred's Dream). Which was, falling into a lava pit, disguised as Phil himself, so he could escape his dream.
- The only game Phred doesn't appear in is RS4 because instead of being in Mr. Munch's Classroom he is in Mr. McMaster's room, as explained in Riddle School 5.
- Phred's shirt color changed throughout the series. In Riddle School 1 & 3, his shirt is shown to be a tan color, in Riddle School 2, his shirt is shown to be a dark yellow, in Riddle School 5 and Transfer 1, his shirt is shown to be a brownish green, in his Riddle School 5 dream, his shirt is shown to be dark red, in Riddle Transfer 2, his shirt is shown to be a brighter brownish green.
- He is similar to Greg Sleep in the fact that Greg spent most/all of his time sleeping while Phred doesn't like doing anything.
- Falls asleep face first in a bucket of paint. Dies from lead poisoning or drowning.
- (In Dream) Falls face first into a pit of lava